No matter what your preferred travel destination is, or your reason for travel, you can now leave all your worries behind. HDBFS will cover you in case of any loss, delay or damage to ensure you can have complete peace of mind when you go abroad to explore or just to relax and unwind.
Choose from a range of plans, for adequate coverage at a premium much lower than you ever expected.
General covers available across all our plans are as follows:
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Covers medical costs incurred due to illness or accident including medically necessary and prescribed emergency evacuation. It covers out-patient, in-patient, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests as described in the policy schedule.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: Evacuation to the home country is covered up to the chosen insured medical sum .
- Repatriation of Remains: Covers the funeral expenses or expenses of repatriating the remains back to India, in case of death of the insured overseas.
- Emergency Dental Expenses: Covers acute anaesthetic treatment of natural teeth.
- Hospital Cash: Pays a daily allowance as stated in the policy schedule in the event of hospitalisation, either due to sickness or accidents.
- Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability - Common Carrier: The company will pay the sum insured specified in the schedule, in addition to the sum insured specified under the Personal Accident Section.If the insured sustains Accidental Bodily Injury during the course of the journey while travelling in a common carrier such as rail, bus, tram or aircraft; and such bodily injury results in death or permanent total disability.
- Personal Accident: Compensation paid in case of death or permanent total disability caused to an accident.
- Flight Delay: Compensation if the aircraft is delayed for more than 12 hours than the original scheduled departure time.
- Trip Cancellation: Compensation for loss of personal accommodation or travel charges following the necessary and unavoidable cancellation of the trip due to death, serious injury or sudden sickness of insured or family member
- Loss of Passport: Expenses incurred in obtaining a fresh or new passport.
- Loss of Checked Baggage: Compensation for the permanent loss of checked-in baggage.
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Compensation for reasonable expenses incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing and medication due to delay of checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours.
- Personal Liability: Compensation for damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused involuntarily by the insured.
- Financial Emergency Assistance: Insurance cover is provided in the event of the insured person getting into a financial emergency due to theft, pilferage, robbery or dacoity of his/her travel funds. A fixed sum is paid as emergency assistance up to the limits specified under the Policy.
- Hotel Accommodation: Pays for the cost of hotel accommodation, if the insured person sustains bodily injury or sickness which is direct and independent of all other causes, resulting in a hospital stay as an in-patient, and misses his/her flight back to the country of residence.
- Hijack Distress Allowance: Insurance cover is provided in the event of the hijack of the air or sea common carrier in which the insured person is travelling whilst on a trip abroad during the period of insurance. An allowance will be paid for each day of the hijack up to the limits specified under the policy.
- To avail of the travel insurance, entry age has to fall among the following categories:
- Single trip: 6 months-70 years
- Annual multi-trip: 18-70 years
- Family floater: 3 months-60 years
- Single trip- Asia excluding Japan: 6 months-70 years
- Our international travel assistance providers are available on call 24*7
- Get optimum coverage at low costs
- Avail the online purchase option
The company shall not be liable to pay any benefit to the insured caused due to:
- Civil war or foreign war
- Self-inflicted injury, suicide
- Non-adherence to medical advice
- The influence of liquor, drugs or narcotics (unless advised / administered by a physician)
- Participation in any sport as a professional player
- Participation in any criminal act
- AIDS or HIV
- Treatment of nervous and mental problems
- Participating in hazardous sports like parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping, etc.
It just takes a few simple steps to get insured. Apply today and manage your finances easily.
CLICK HERE to Get in Touch