Personal Accident Insurance
Accidents do happen! In India, statistics show that there is an accidental death every 2 minutes. Disability figures due to an accident far exceeds this number. Your Life Insurance cover is not sufficient in case of accidents as it is expensive (almost 10 times) and does not cover all your liabilities. Accident insurance is the ideal add-on to your life insurance policy (a top-up to your life cover). It's an inexpensive option to secure your entire family and you don't need to break your investments to meet day-to-day needs.
HDFC ERGO offers you a comprehensive accident insurance - round-the-clock, round-the-year and round-the-world. More than just accident insurance, it's an investment in your family's future.
The individual is protected by this Personal Accident cover in India as well as any other location worldwide.
- Entry Age: Any individual in the age band of 18 years to 69 years can opt for the plan.
- Sum Insured: Rs. 15 Lakh - 75 Lakh.
- Family Cover: Along with "Self Only" we are offering "Self and Family" cover wherein Spouse and Children (max. up to two children) are covered under a single policy. It provides 50% cover for Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability to spouse and 10% to children.
- Policy Effective Date: 15 days after receipt of payment and proposal form duly filled and signed.
- Accidental Death - Covers the insured in case of loss of life from an accident up to 100% of the Sum Insured.
- Permanent Total Disablement - Pays up to 100% of the Sum Insured if bodily injury results in permanent disablement due to an accident.
- Temporary Total Disablement - Pays a weekly benefit up to a maximum of 52 weeks, if an accident causes disablement that prevents you from carrying out your usual occupation.
- Broken Bones - Pays up to Rs.50,000 if an accident results in broken bones
- Last Rites - Pays a benefit towards funeral costs if an accident causes loss of life.
- Hospital Cash - Provides a benefit of Rs.1,000 per day for up to a maximum of 30 days in case of hospitalisation due to accident.
- Armed Forces (Army / Navy / Air Force)
- Para-military Forces (BSF, RAF, CRPF, etc)
- Professional Sports Persons
- Hazardous Sports (Bungee jumping, Jet-skiing, Para-gliding, etc)
- Merchant Navy
- Airline Pilots
- Off-shore Workers (Oil rigs / Drilling platforms)
*Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For detailed list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
*This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is subject to language policy issued.
It just takes a few simple steps to get insured. Apply today and manage your finances easily.
CLICK HERE to Get in Touch