Home is where the heart is. It is a place where you collect a lifetime of memories and experiences. And the best way to protect these fond memories is by taking the right home insurance.
With HDFC ERGO Home Insurance policy, you can ensure complete protection for your home and get affordable coverage for your property and possessions against almost any eventuality.
- Protection for both your home structure and the household contents
- Low cost optional cover for burglary, including theft and larceny
- Up to 15% discount on premium for security features
Fire and Special Perils:-Building(Section I) and Contents(Section IA) Covers the structure of your home and its contents against:
- Fire, lightning, explosion / implosion, aircraft damage
- Riot strike, malicious and terrorist damages
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus, pipes
- Storm, cyclone, typhoon, tempest, hurricane, tornado, flood and inundation
- Earthquake, volcanic eruption and other convulsions of nature
- Impact damage by rail / road vehicles and animals
- Subsidence and landslide including rockslide
- Missile testing operations
- Leakage from automatic sprinklers installations
- Bush fire
The sum insured for the structure of the house is based on the Reinstatement Value. Simply put, it would be the reconstruction cost of the house in the event of any loss / damage due to any of the insured events like fire, riots, storm, flood and so on.
The reconstruction value for the structure is determined by the construction cost. This, however, would not include the cost of land. The reconstruction cost is based on two parameters, which are mentioned below:-
- Built-up area of the house (Square Feet)
- Cost of construction in your area / locality
Burglary and Housebreaking including Larceny and Theft (Section II) - Contents (as defined by Indian Penal Code)
- You can also insure the contents of your home against loss due to burglary and /or housebreaking or any attempted burglary. Jewellery kept in locked safe within the home premises can also be covered.
- Sum Insured for contents under Section I A Fire & Special Perils and Section II Burglary & Theft should be the same.
- The Sum Insured for contents / valuables is based on the market value.
- You could cover a host of household items like electronics, equipments, furniture & furnishings, jewellery, clothes and so on.
- Willful destruction of property
- Loss or damage caused by depreciation or wear and tear and consequential loss of any kind
- Loss or damage, directly or indirectly, caused by or arising from or in consequence of or contributed to by nuclear weapons material and / or ionising radiations
- Loss or damage, whether direct or indirect occasioned by the happening through or arising from any consequences of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection military or usurped power or civil commotion or loot or pillage in connection therewith.
*Please note that these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
*This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is subject to language policy issued.
It just takes a few simple steps to get insured. Apply today and manage your finances easily.
CLICK HERE to Get in Touch